Sample model availability
Sample models can come from three different sources in the following order:
- Samples that can be downloaded from your enterprise or departmental library. (Needs to be configured by your XSOL administrator.)
- Samples that can be downloaded from XSOL OnLine. (You must be connected to the internet to be able to access model samples from XSOL Online.)
- Samples installed with XSOL InOrder.
Sample models are also grouped by the categories meta-data setting specified for the models. Some examples are:
- How-To's - Models showing specific features of XSOL InOrder and how they might be used.
- Examples - Models showing an example of a mapped process within XSOL InOrder.
To open a model sample in XSOL InOrder
- Select the File / New Area
- Click on either Installed Templates or From XSOL Online to view available model samples.
- Click on the required sample to see a description of its content, the author and when it was published.
- Click on the Folder Browse button (shown as a small folder) to browse and choose a location to save the model sample to.
- Give the new model a name in the File Name: box. XSOL InOrder model files are saved as type .eslx
- Press the Create button to create a copy of the model sample or press Cancel to return to the main window. When the Create is pressed the actual model file is created and saved in the directory specified. Once a model sample has been created it has no relationship with the original sample installed with XSOL InOrder or stored online.
- If you opened a How-To model view the Features Within this Model and Description user note placed upon the Process Group called EXPLANATION (see attached notes) to get an understanding of the model's content.